January 24, 2013
HireVue Equips Hiring Managers in the War for Tech Talent with the Introduction of CodeVue™
Cloud-based Digital Recruiting Platform Helps Rapidly Identify, Engage and Screen Technical Talent through Online Interviews
SALT LAKE CITY – Jan. 24, 2013 – The war for technical talent wages on with record demand for high-performing employees far surpassing the availability of qualified candidates to meet this demand. Information technology research company Gartner projects 2013 IT spending to hit $3.7 trillion. This increased investment has led to single-digit unemployment for IT professionals, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, making it extremely difficult for companies to recruit and hire technical talent. The challenge lies in identifying and evaluating complex technical skills, a task that is especially difficult for recruiters and HR leaders who are often not technically proficient, often translating to bad hires. HireVue is introducing a solution to these challenges head-on with the launch of CodeVue™, the world’s first cloud-based digital recruiting platform built to rapidly and effectively identify, screen and assess technical talent.
“As the demand for technical talent proliferates across industries, the need to evaluate their skills has become increasingly challenging,” explains Mark Newman, chief innovation officer, HireVue. “Recruiters often lack understanding of programming languages to properly assess a candidate. Additionally, C-level executives lack the time and resources to commit to the dramatically increasing demand of reviewing each candidate applying for a position. CodeVue™, integrated into HireVue’s digital platform, eliminates all of these problems by delivering an interactive, consistent, convenient and data-driven interview process for recruiters, hiring managers and candidates alike.”
"Our top priority is to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients further automate their sales teams and front office operations," said Jen Kindell, director of operations,360vantage.com. "Since our pace of development is at an all-time high, we needed a better way to quickly identify and evaluate technical skills as we continue to build out our team of talented engineers and developers. HireVue CodeVue is helping us do just that, by allowing us to evaluate a candidate's ability to code early on in the process, ensuring we're spending time with only the best candidates with the best skills. This will improve our time to hire, and help us quickly build products that give our clients a competitive advantage."
HireVue CodeVue™ enables candidates to more conveniently and expressively showcase their coding abilities through a series of challenges during the digital interviewing process. Recruiters and hiring managers can review candidates’ validated coding results (including scores, score details, and raw and executed code) as well as video responses to behavioral-based interview questions. The online interview responses, code samples and scores can be shared with other members of the hiring team for rapid collaboration, feedback and data-driven decisions. Candidates are afforded a better opportunity to be heard by showcasing their coding skills as well as how they solve problems and the pace at which they can process and complete work - all through HireVue’s social and video-enabled capabilities, and all on their own time.
A core benefit to companies deploying CodeVue™ is making smarter IT recruitment and hiring decisions. A Center for American Progress study finds that the average cost to replace an employee is between 10 and 30 percent of the employee’s annual salary. HireVue’s digital platform helps fight these costs by allowing hiring managers to more accurately and effectively screen job candidates – from technical competency to cultural fit.
For more information on CodeVue™, including an introductory video, visit: http://hirevue.com/codevue/
CodeVue™ features include:
• 13 Programming Languages - Coding challenges are available in different programming languages.
• 60+ Code Challenge Library - Choose from a knowledge base of pre-made challenges or suggest your own.
• Easy, Medium and Hard Questions - Recruit for all job levels with coding challenges that range from simple to very difficult.
• On-Demand - Invite multiple candidates to complete coding challenges (and video response questions) at their convenience; busy recruiters and managers watch, rate and share responses on their own time.
• Secure, Private and Reliable - CodeVue™ is safe, secure, scalable, internationalized, consistent and enterprise-ready.
• Automatic Updates - CodeVue™ is cloud-based so software and content updates are automatically included in the subscription.
• Enterprise-Ready - Enterprise data, integration and compliance management tools safely support even the most complex global organizations.
Better candidate experience:
• Invite Candidates - Pre-selected candidates can be invited to participate via email or ATS integration; challenges can also be published directly to social networks.
• Social Media Integration - Public coding challenges can be distributed directly to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; candidates can register with their social profiles.
• Public Coding Competitions - Public coding challenges are great for creating contests and sourcing developers through social networks and talent communities.
• Private Challenges - Secure, private challenges are ideal for screening qualified candidates, replacing whiteboard code reviews and manual code reviews.
• Objective Process - HireVue improves screening standardization, fairness, measurability, consistency and tracking.
• Mobile – Candidates can access on-demand video response, multiple choice and essay format interviews on the go using HireVue apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices.
Simplified processing for hiring managers:
• Data-Driven Decisions – Scores for coding challenges and video response interview questions are rated numerically by all reviewers, making processes more objective and decisions more measured.
• Code Scoring and Evaluation - CodeVue™ responses are automatically scored from 0-100 based on predetermined test cases.
• Video Response Questions - Video response questions help assess character, chemistry, cultural fit and compatibility.
• Review Raw and Executed Code - Reviewers can see candidates’ raw and executed code.
• Timed Challenges - Time limits can be specified for each coding challenge.
• Cheating and Plagiarism Detection - Submissions are compared to each other and flagged if very similar.
• Sharing and Collaboration - Simply click to share candidate responses with colleagues, capturing feedback from evaluation teams around the world.
• ATS Integration - HireVue has integrations with the leading HR technology vendors, reducing the need for duplicate candidate and job data entry.
HireVue is an amazing new way to interview – on demand! Users simply browse, watch, rate and share the interviews they want, on their own time – just like streaming their favorite movies – even from a smart phone. Recognized by HR Executive Magazine as a Top HR Product of 2012, HireVue’s Digital Interview Platform™ also helps improve interviews of all types, including in person, phone and video interviews. Digital question, feedback and collaboration tools remove hassle and make interviewing up to ten times faster and nine times cheaper. Join HireVue customers like Starbucks, Nike and Walmart who are making interviewing awesome. http://www.hirevue.com
Keep a pulse on emerging trends in digital interviewing by following HireVue's social channels: http://www.twitter.com/hirevue, http://www.facebook.com/hirevue, http://www.youtube.com/hirevue